Sunday, June 18, 2006

Daddy's Day

First, let me give a shout out to all the fathers out there, especially my own! For Daddy's day we took him out to dinner Saturday night (left) to the restaurant of his choosing and thanks to the newly discovered wonder of chocolate milk, I was very well behaved. Sunday morning, Mom and I made Daddy breakfast (bluebirdie pancakes) and served him on the patio.

Now backing up a little, overall we had a pretty good week, with the exception of a glitch with selling our old house, but that may be resolved this week and hopefully the deal will go through. Aside from that, Dad went to South Bend Thursday through Saturday for his hockey reunion. Mom and I kept busy while he was gone.

I have a new favorite hobby in sidewalk chalk. It is also Mommy's favorite activity since she can sit in a chair on the patio and have both me and Lily happy and busy. It isn't neat, but it is fun! I got a new table for outside, complete with umbrella, which is very cool and we got it just in time since it was hot again this weekend. We played some soccer with Dad and you can see Lily and I were dragging from the heat!

I also started swimming lessons on Saturday morning. It was fun and I am getting really good. I blow bubbles and kick and love to jump in. The only thing I didn't like was the rescue dummy that I could see laying in the corner behind the big water slide. It was a life-sized man and I kept asking Mommy about him "Man sleeping?" And I didn't quite get her explanations that he was like a big doll.

Some other stories from this week . . . I have a new expression. If I make a not-so-polite noise, I now exclaim: "I Beeped!" (this is new from exclaiming "Katie's bum loud") Mom and Dad think it's hilarious, but don't know where it came from. I remain interested in trying to ride Lily like a horse. Lily is not so interested in this game, but is nice about it and just tries to get up and leave . . . I also told Mommy that I had a little black shirt and she had a white shirt-- a big white shirt, but it was big because of my baby sister . . . If you ask me what time it is I will tell you two minutes. It is the only time-related answer I know since Daddy will send me in from grilling territory to tell Mommy "Two minutes."


No comments: