Well, that's what we cheered, but that is not what happened. We didn't really get going at all, but we had a fun weekend in South Bend for the Notre Dame-Michigan game anyway.Of course I donned my cheerleading uniform and tried to get Caroline hyped up for the game. It is quite an undertaking to get us all ready to go anywhere! We went to a tailgate with Mom's friends from high school. Caroline slept and I colored with chalk, ate lots of snacks and danced. Mom and Dad also had ND friends there, so they joined us for a bit, too.
I also experienced a big milestone in every girl's life: my first trip to the Porta-Potty. Mom thought I might freak out since I like a clean bathroom, but I followed some wise advice from one of Mom's friends ("don't look down"). I kept asking about flushing it. I am pictured below proudly smiling after the adventure.
After that Mom had to go feed Caroline in the minivan (an interesting experience for her) and then when they were done, Mom and Caroline tailgated together (see photo below) while they waited for Grandma and Poppy to meet up to take us little girls home.
We spent the afternoon with Grandma and Poppy while Mom and Dad went to the game and endured the torture of a bad loss. At least they had fun company with Meg and Sarah.On Sunday we went to campus and selected some items from the bookstore and walked around. We took our annual photo in front of the dome. It's getting harder and harder to get everyone looking! We also went to the Grotto and Mommy and I lit a candle together.
I recognize the ND logo and say "Go Irish" and know what the Golden Dome is. I am also smart enough not to repeat things people suggest that I say such as "Go Michigan" or other silly things like that. Mom and Dad think all the subtle brainwashing might be working!




No comments:
Post a Comment