While Mommy and Daddy were getting the tree in its stand, I was safely tucked into my seat at the table enjoying some hot cocoa. And when Mom and Dad were finished they found me shirtless ("I just spilled a little") and with a new chocolate goatee.
Sunday night was luminaria night in our neighborhood. It was really pretty! After our own candlelit dinner, we went for a ride to see the lights. After a weekend of poor naps (Katie: "I did nap!" Mom: "When?" Katie: "On Friday.") I fell asleep in the car with my sippy cup of cocoa clutched in one hand and a cookie in the other. Dad carried me right up to bed and Mom and Dad enjoyed a rare evening of having me asleep early without the contiuous stalling tactics. However, I came to around midnight and proceeded to loudly request company from Mom or Dad. We're working on resolving this problem. And yes, the Santa card has been played.
I also want to update you on Caroline. She is now four months old and had her check-up with the pediatrician on Friday. "The tank" (as we call her) is doing great. She weighed 15 pounds 8 ounces (90th percentile) was 25 3/4 inches long (95th percentile) and her head size is 75th percentile. Her neck strength is very good and her belly button is almost completely normal now. The doctor got the last little nubby part off. Her hemangioma (birth mark) by her eye has not gotten any bigger (we have been watching to make sure it didn't grow toward her eye and interfere with her vision) and it may start to fade soon.
Aside from all of this, Mom and Dad have been busy with Christmas parties-- they had one on both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend and have two more this coming week. Lots of babysitters for us! Next Sunday is my birthday party, which I am very excited about. Despite the fact that I am not even three yet, Dad found out that I was telling people at his hockey game that I was four! Perhaps I am working on a fake ID to get into Chuck E Cheese?

No comments:
Post a Comment