The highlight of my week was Mom's new princess shoes. She and Daddy went to a very fancy ball on Saturday night and I swear it was just like Cinderella. Except they left in our minivan instead of a horse and carriage. And they weren't home by midnight. But other than those things, very similar to Cinderella. I told Mom that we could "share" the shoes. She got to wear them for Saturday and I get to wear them every other day. I actually get around in them pretty well.
Two funny things happened while Mommy was getting ready for the ball. First, while Daddy was busy doing something outside in front of our house, I went in the backyard and turned on our sprinkler which was sitting right next to the house. So there it is spraying back and forth all over our house (and the many, many sunroom windows), I am crying because I can't turn it off without getting all wet and Mommy can't help me because her hair and makeup were already done. Later, I also had a rare potty accident, so Mom had to clean that up, which made her feel very much like Cinderella as well!
Caroline napped through most of our pool play time, but she stuck her toes in later. She is working on a new tooth on top (#5 for those keeping score at home). She is eating more and more regular food, (which she loves) and kicks her feet with delight when something new is making its way to her highchair tray. Our only complaint is that she doesn't nap much at school (20 minutes on an average day), but she is still a jolly, happy soul most of the time. She used to need a power nap from 6-6:30 when we walked in the door, but she is now able to do without that, which is nice so that we can all have dinner together.

No comments:
Post a Comment