Sunday, November 11, 2007

Busy Week

It was an eventful week for us. Daddy changed financial firms on Monday, and that would have been plenty to keep him busy. But on top of that, we had all sorts of things to deal with: Caroline was home sick, Mommy was super busy at work, I went bump in the night, Daddy's high school hockey team started practices and then to make matters worse, the road we take to get everywhere was closed for construction!

Our school pictures arrived this week, and we all loved this photo of Caroline and me. And speaking of photos, we were supposed to have our annual family photo taken on Saturday, but I fell out of bed on Wednesday night and had a nice bruise on my face, so we had to push that back a week.

Caroline had a few too many "messy diapers" at school and had to serve a 24-hour suspension. Daddy spent an afternoon with her and then Mommy took Thursday off. They had a fun time and Caroline loved having the run of the play room. She was even so bold as to open my dress-up box and put on my tiara! She didn't act sick, but Mom did have to do a fair amount of laundry that day . . .
We're getting ready for the holidays, and while Daddy and I were at the grocery today we gave into the temptation of the pumpkin pie. I kept peeking in and smelling it!

Caroline is infatuated with three things: her shoes, her lunchbox and her winter hat. Today while we were playing, she went and found her hat and sat down on Dad's lap-- a clear signal that she wanted it on. Then she walked around and played while wearing it!

I love to play with her and I am starting to get the hang of the big sister role. Earlier I grabbed her hat and held it up high saying "Get it, Sister! Get it!" while it was hanging out of reach. Later on we sat together at my art table and I lectured her on how to do things the right way. But I am also very sweet to her and love to wake her up in the morning and she is still "my sunshine."




No comments: