From Beth: We had a week of gorgeous spring weather, which of course turned to rain and gloom in time for the weekend, but we enjoyed our time outdoors while we had the chance. On Tuesday night Katie had soccer practice, so I took Caroline to watch for a bit. My first mistake was letting her out of the stroller when she sweetly gestured that she wanted to sit on my lap. She sat on my lap for about 30 seconds, and then climbed down to make a beeline for the field. From there she launched into a fit every time I picked her up and removed her from the field, complete with the old limp arm trick, so that it makes it harder to pick her up! I literally carried her from the field kicking and screaming, so we'll have to figure out a new approach for the next time.
On Thursday the kids had a Daddy night as I was participating in the annual scholarship interviews for the local kids who have been accepted into Notre Dame. For those of you not keeping track, tuition for next year will be $49,025. Friday Jamie met friends out so we followed up the Daddy night with a Mommy night. Katie and I made butterscotch pudding and the girls ate that right up.

Saturday I did errands and met a friend for brunch, so the girls were off the the Y with Dad and then hit a nearby high-end grocery store to pick up a few things. As Jamie reports, the girls ate their way through the store enjoying everything from lemon cake (two servings each) to cheese, mango & grapefruit salad and steak. Caroline was apparently making rapid use of her sign language sign for more! When I got home and Caroline awoke from her nap, we discovered that she had been up to her usual tricks. She had half of her onsie off and both legs in one pant leg of her now inside-out pants! THis was her best move yet!

On Sunday we enjoyed a parent's program following Katie's Sunday School. I got some video of this, but the file was uploading for 10+ hours and still wasn't done, so we'll attempt that again separately. Anyway, it was pretty comical. Katie stood in the very front and alternated between going through the motions in a very spacey fashion and being very loud and crazy with her actions. It's an intersting group of kids. Jamie's favorite was the little boy who sat on the floor behind all of the other kids with his hand down his pants.
After that we went for a ride in the wagon (with Caroline all suited up!) and went swimming at the Y as a reward for Katie's terrific week of listening at school-



No comments:
Post a Comment