
We'll start this week's post with a photo of Lily enjoying the summer weather. I think she's watching the birds!
This weekend was another one of those three trips to Lowe's ones.We had talked to a landscaper about doing some work in our yard, but then we received his astronmical bid, we decided to kick it into gear and do it ourselves. (Note: even with three trips to Lowe's, we came out ahead by a lot).
We did take a break from the work to go to Katie's soccer game. At this point, the season should be wrapping up, but we're into make-up games now, so the number of kids is dwindling. On the plus side, the kids who are there get to play a lot.


That afternoon while Jamie was digging away, Katie and I got to do the "fun part" and plant our planters of flowers. She was very excited to arrange all of the colors that she had picked.

That afternoon, no one napped and Jamie and I sweated outside. Ugh! Despite the lack of rest, we decided to go out to dinner as planned. It was not the most relaxing dinner out, but it's always nice not to cook!

Sunday included church, groceries and then more yard work. I am happy to report that we completed the landscaping with all limbs intact- it was touch and go with all of the shrubs we needed to trim!
Sunday afternoon, Caroline got dressed to play outside. Please note the big fuzzy socks and the patent leather shoes (not to mention the lack of a shirt).

That evening Katie and I went to my friend Ricia's house to celebrate her birthday (which falls on Flag Day- hence the flags). Katie had a great time playing with Griffin and the other kids, and could not believe I made her leave at 9 p.m. on a Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment