Thursday, July 21, 2005

Numbers & Colors

Just a mid-week update to let you know about some advancements I've made. First, I can now count. To two. OK, maybe it isn't so much counting, but Mommy said "one" while she was putting one of my arms into my pajamas and then I said "two" when the other one went in. I have repeated this several times, so as far as my parents are concerened it is officially counting. I also know colors-- well, more accurately, color (singular). I say "blue." Although, I occasionally use it to refer to the color red, but several times I said blue and I was really talking about something blue.

I was home from school a day and a half this week. They called Mom and told her that I had been "complaining of a stomachache." Mom thought this was funny since my vocabularly isn't quite that sophisticated. The daycare director then elaborated to say I had been holding my stomach, had a fever and was not myself. Mom came and picked me up and then Dad came home after lunch. I perked up by dinner and never had any stomach problems, but because you can't go back to school until 24 hours after a fever I was home Wednesday as well. Since I was feeling fine, Mom and I had a nice morning. We slept in and went to Target. There are lots of images of the Target dog all over the store and I had a terrific time pointing them out. Daddy came home for the afternoon and he and I had our usual silly time. He announced that I said the word "poopy" for the first time. I seem to be fine, so I went back to school today.

No comments: