Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Temper Tantrum
I had my first world-class temper tantrum last night. After dinner I told Mom & Dad that I wanted to go "outside" as I often do. We briefly played in the yard and then I started jogging down the sidewalk with Mom & Dad following along. I fell and scraped my knees, which did not concern me in the least, but Mom wanted to clean them up. When they picked me up to carry me back home, I cried and cried and said "outside" and pointed at the park across the street. Once we got in the house and my shoes were removed I was really mad. I cried and cried and yelled "outside" some more. I would not let Mom & Dad undress me for my bath because that meant I was really not going back outside. Mom & Dad just let me go on and on and they actually got the giggles when I stood in front of my closet for 5 minutes alternating between saying "shoes" and "outside." I wrestled for all I was worth when they tried to get me into my PJs. Finally I wanted Mom to hold me and I got settled down, but the episode lasted for about 45 minutes. Fun times ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment