That's what I said when I woke up today. I was very excited about the day and my Grampy and Grammy L. were here from Canada to celebrate the day with us.On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. Mom thought this would be a fun project, but in the end it only took about five minutes. I just kept plunking them in the cups then grabbing them out. No wire dippy thing for me. And my hands were green and yellow for a while afterwards. I really wanted to play with my eggs and rearrange them. When you're two it's hard to remember what fragile means!
Today we woke up and put on our Easter clothes and went to our new church. I was pretty well-behaved and loved the children's choir and wanted to clap for them. The only incident was when I dropped my sandal in an unreachable place under the pew in front fo us and the people next to us had to send their little boy under to retrieve it while I shouted "My shoe! My shoe!!!!"When we got home from church Grammy and Grampy came over for brunch and the Easter bunny had arrived with my basket. I was very excited to look at everything and am a big fan of jelly beans. As usual, I unpacked the basket and then reloaded it a couple of times and carried it around a little. It was really wet out so I didn't get to do an Easter egg hunt, but we might do one next week.
After naps for everyone, we went to our friend's (Joy and Chris) house for Easter dinner and had a wonderful time. I got another Easter basket from Auntie Joy and was pretty good throughout dinner. My two favorite dishes were cucumber salad and butter. After I decided to try to pull the table cloth off, Grampy took me outside to walk around the yard and see the fish in the pond. We spent quite a bit of time together outside from that point on and I showed him how to blow bubbles.It was a great Easter and a great visit with my grandparents. I have actually renamed them-- I call Grammy Grandma now and Grampy Baa Baa (as in Baa Baa Black Sheep, I guess).
We move this week and I will visit my new school twice before we move, so I will probably have a lot to report next time.
Happy Easters!



No comments:
Post a Comment