Sunday, July 23, 2006

Countdown

It is baby countdown time at our house! After this weekend we are close(r?) to being ready. But let me tell you, it is not easy carrying this baby around!

So the nursery is all painted and the baby clothes are washed. Boy, does this kid have a cute wardrobe! I keep discovering old favorites and I want to take them back to my room. I was shocked when a pair of sandals I wore when I was six months old did not fit anymore.

Mom & Dad took me to pick out a present for my Baby Sister. I picked an outfit (pink onsie- pictured) for her to wear home from the hospital. I also wanted to throw everything else I saw into the cart for her. Mom and Dad had to restrain me before I pulled everything off the racks at Babies 'R Us!

I helped adjust the crib so it is back to its highest level. You can see I am very good with the tools. "Me do it, Daddy!" I kept yelling.

Aside from the baby preparations, we had time for some fun this weekend, too. We had swimming lessons Saturday morning. In the afternoon, I got my hair cut at Daddy's place (Mom did not know he was taking me there), and thankfully it turned out cute. On Sunday we went to this local petting zoo . They had an interesting combination of animals, mostly all contained in one big area. We saw an elk, zebra, camels, ostriches, chickens, cows, deer and more. I was nervous about some of the bigger animals and didn't want to give them any food from my food cup, but Daddy helped me. You can see I was really happy about the zebra!

Once we saw some animals my own size (baby goat and kangaroo) I was more comfortable, but I still was concerned about my food supply and didn't want to give any of the animals "too much."

In other news I will be moving up to the next class at school in late September. I will be one of the youngest in the preschool program, but my teacher thinks I am almost ready. I will get learn Spanish! I am still adjusting to life in the big girl bed. It has been hard this week and I have decided that I am afraid of the dark (selectively) and insist on having multiple lights on. Last night I did better and was asleep around 9 p.m. This was good since the night before it was 11:15 by the time I stopped goofing around and fretting about things like "there's a mark on my step stool!")






No comments: