Sunday, August 20, 2006

Firsts

First let me tell you that I am officially 2 and 2/3 years old now. I am adjusting to the big sister lifestyle, but have had my demanding moments.

Caroline is doing well and we're enjoying all her firsts. Grandma and Poppy helped with her first sponge bath last week. For the most part she liked it-- especially the sound of the running water. Her cord fell off on Friday, so once the stub heals up we'll be able to give her a real bath and I can't wait to help.

We took our first family ride in the minivan together and that went pretty well. Caroline has had a lot of medical visits this week, so she's no stranger to driving around in the van. She had several weight checks and two blood tests for jaundice. She reached her birth weight as of Saturday and her billirubin level was down as of Friday, so we're all clear on the jaundice now, too.

We're settling into some routines, but every day seems to be different. Lily is exhausted from working the night shift with Mom. She lays on the floor in the nursery while Mommy feeds Caroline, so she needs to nap during the day when she can.


Here is Caroline sound asleep in her crib (patterened pajamas). Doesn't she look like me in this photo?

On Sunday Mom and I had some mother-daughter time. We went to buy some new shoes (for me, not her) and went to pick out a new lunchbox. I selected a Hello Kitty lunchbox/backpack and am quite smitten with it!

No comments: