Friday, August 11, 2006

Introducing Caroline Elizabeth

My baby sister is finally here! She arrived early on Wednesday morning-- at 5:16 a.m. to be exact. Her name is Caroline Elizabeth and she weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces (a full pound less than me!) and measured 20.5 inches.

Mommy and Daddy left for the hospital on Tuesday evening for Mommy to be induced. They thought things might take a while, but Caroline was ready to arrive-- quite punctual at just 6 hours past her due date. Grandma was here with me and I was so excited to wake up and find out that I was a big sister. Here is our last family photo as a "party of three."

After receiving the news, Poppy arrived on Wednesday and that afternoon Poppy and Grandma went to the hospital to meet Caroline. Then Daddy got me from school early so that I could finally see her. I was shy and very excited all at once. I did a great job being gentle and loved touching her face and hands and giving her kisses. I was quite worried about her hat falling off and very protective of her. I also wanted to know where Mommy's big belly went!

Caroline seems to be a good baby, but Mom and Dad are quickly realizing the days of their "man advantage" are over. We'll post some coming home photos soon, but we wanted to get these up today. Thanks for checking in on us! I have to go be a big sister now!




No comments: