Monday, November 13, 2006

First Day of Preschool

Today was my first full day of preschool and it went very well. When I arrive at school I "sign in" by finding my name in the book and then I try to write it. I can't write quite yet, but my drawing has come a long way recently. Yesterday I drew a hammer and a penguin and Mom thought both looked like those things. Maybe I have Grammy Pammy's artistic skills!

In the preschool class we get to play outside as soon as we arrive, which is fun. Today when I got there, some kids were coming inside to get the tricycles and one of the little boys said "Come on, Katie. Grab a bike!" so I must be doing a good job of making friends. I made this beautiful necklace in small group time and I can't wait to show it to Daddy. It was a good first day and when I got home, Mom and I had one of my favorite dinners including Jell-O with whipped cream. We even had a toast to my first day of preschool (although at first I misunderstood and thought I was going to get the bread kind of toast).

Here's another funny little thing. Mom left the kitchen to get something and when she came back I had my head in my Halloween pumpkin. The sight reminder her of the recent news item about a deer getting his face caught in a similar pumpkin! What do you think?

No comments: