This was a very hectic week for us. On Monday, Caroline went to the plastic surgeon to have her umbilical granuloma (excess scar tissue on her belly button) taken care of. He basically just tied it off and did a little more with the silver nitrate.On Tuesday we went to the Wiggles show and Mom, Dad and I had fun seeing them in person. You can see I was somewheat mesmerized (photo left) when they appeared and I enjoyed it, but I did not dance as much as Mom and Dad would have thought. The Wiggles were very interactive and came in the stands a lot, so I saw them pretty close up-- even Purple Wiggle who is my favorite. After the show I fell asleep on the way home (a rarity these days!)

On Wednesday Mom went to Toronto for an overnight work trip and thankfully Grandma and Poppy were able to come stay with us for two nights to help Daddy out. Mom got home Thursday night and then Friday morning Daddy and Caroline left for Canada to be there for Grampy Bear's surgery on Monday. Here is a photo of Caroline all ready for her big trip. From the reports we've heard she was a great traveler, but Daddy had his hands full with all the necessary gear that goes with her. They are all in Halifax, Nova Scotia right now, which is where the surgery will take place. Caroline got to meet a lot of the family and Jamma was able to go over from PEI to help Daddy with Caroline. In addition to the family stuff, Dad had a chance to see some of his good friends who drove over from PEI to hang out.

I have adjusted pretty well with Dad and Caroline being gone, but Friday evening I started lining up formula on the counter "so that they were ready for Caroline to come home." I also told Mom that Daddy took "our sunshine" to Canada. I just recently started calling her Sunshine (that is when I am not calling her Cookie Monster!)
Mom and I had a fun weekend which included some of our usual favorite activities (YMCA, library, grocery store) and we even went out to breakfast together on Sunday-- why not? I mean we were up at 6:23 a.m. Mom thinks it takes a lot of energy to keep up with me, but after having two around, she said it makes having just me look easier!
Tomorrow is my first day of preschool. I have been transitioning for the last two weeks with increasingly longer visits, but I don't seem to be getting it that I won't just be visiting anymore come Monday. We'll report in on that soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment