On Saturday we went to pick out our Christmas tree. It was hard to decide, but we finally all agreed on a big, big one. And when we got it home we realized it was REALLY big-- probably about 9 feet tall to the highest point. For the rest of the day Saturday we just stared at it wondering how we were going to get the star on. Caroline looks up at it and points with an impressed look on her face. Perhaps it seems odd to her to have a tree in the house.
Saturday night Caroline hit another big "first" -- her first Taco Bell. To Mom that's as important as first teeth and first words (and in hindsight, we're suprised it has taken so long!) Anyway, she loved her chicken quesadilla, even though it is not one of the menu items endorsed by Mom. I devoured two things and was scrounging for more.
Sunday I got to go to Cincinnati with Daddy for one of his hockey games (for the high school team that he coaches). I enjoyed it and I think Mom was glad to have me out o
When we returned from the game we got the lights on the tree and did some decorating. I am so excited about all of the Christmas decorations and really enjoy helping Mom set them out just so. I oohed and ahhed over every ornament that we took out of the boxes. Even the ones that Mom and Dad might designate for the back of the tree! Most of the ornaments came out after Caroline went to bed, so we'll have to see how she does with the tree this year.
And speaking of Caroline, she is communicating more. She tells us yes and no for what she wants. Tonight we offered her a cookie, but she didn't know what it was. She said "no." Then we said "it's a cookie" and she said "Yeah!" She is also getting the hang of hugs. If you squat down and ask her for a hug she will run up and half crash into you, half hug. And this is often accompanied by a "Mwah" kissing sound.
We have a big week ahead. Jamma arrives from Canada on Wednesday and Sunday is my "big kid" birthday party!

No comments:
Post a Comment