
The gang survived the start of the week without me, as they always do. It was hard to start Monday morning with Katie crying that I was leaving, but Jamie managed. It might have taken a little bribery in the form of McDonald's, but it all worked out. I had a good meeting in New Orleans and Jamie reported a funny story from the morning that I left. When I woke Katie up to say goodbye at 6:30 I told her I had to go wait downstairs for my co-worker who was picking me up to drive to the Cincinnati Airport together. When Jamie and Katie woke Caroline up an hour later, Katie told her "Mommy's not here. She went to New Orleans with a guy from work." Katie loved the mask that I brought home, and proudly wore it into school on Wednesday, although Caroline wasn't quite sure what to think of it!

Our weekend was planned around going to Indy to see my parents and sister and her family this weekend, but first we had Katie's soccer game and team photo. They had a good game and I got to witness Katie's tough side as she happily elbowed her way to the ball. Jamie says this was inherited from his sister, Suzie and noted that she's very fair about because she will push her own teammates as well as the kids on the other team! Once again Caroline enjoyed her lunch at the soccer field and we lasted for the duration of the game.

Once the game was done, we packed the minivan and hit the road for Indy. Unfortunately when we arrived, Billy was just about to head out the door with Hannah to get a suspected case of pink eye checked out, so she wasn't a very happy girl. We had a nice weekend and enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day together. We went out to brunch with Billy's family. The buffet posed the usual logistical challenge for us, but perhaps managing the little ones helped keep us from having one dessert too many! Thankfully the restaurant had a lot for the kids to look at. It had a lodge theme and both Caroline and Hannah enjoyed pointing to the moose head mounted above our table. Caroline also enjoyed making fish faces at the huge fish tank.
The kids did a pretty good job in the car, considering no one napped either way. We love our DVD players and a bag of licorice is a favorite trick as well!

I had a nice Mother's Day and was thrilled to get a new vacuum. An appliance that requires work is not the most Mother's Day-ey gift, in my book, but it is the Dyson pet hair model, which is fabulous enough that I will consider it a valid present! And, of course my favorite gifts came from the girls. They both made really sweet things at school and Katie filled a bag with artwork that she had made for me, in addition to the flowers and Corona beer that Jamie helped them purchase.






No comments:
Post a Comment