
It's been a while since our last post. As I mentioned in my last update, I had a work trip to Las Vegas, which usually is the start of falling behind! Additionally, Katie has had a series of illnesses/incidents including the croup (last weekend) an ear infection (this past weekend) and she also found time to spin herself into a bonus trip to urgent care for a busted lip (she was spinning at school, got dizzy and fell and hit her lip on something). Thankfully, her teeth were fine and she did not require stitches. I thought we would have to carefully manage her meals to avoid discomfort, but it really didn't phase her. She ate oranges, ketchup and all sorts of things that seemed like they should have been painful, but didn't phase her at all.
This first photo is a typical one of Caroline. What was funny about it was Katie looking at her messy face and saying "Caroline, you are not fashion."

Sunday was the Easter celebration at the Y. Here is Katie showing off her entry in the coloring contest, which she was very proud of- especially the addition of a soccer game being played in the background. She chose to get her face painted, while Caroline opted to play in the mat room.


After those few activities, it was time for the egg hunt. Jamie took Katie and I managed Caroline, who had a very difficult time waiting for the start. "Now?" she kept asking and sneaking toward the line. I didn't get any photos during the actual hunt since the 2-3-year old division was much more competitive than I anticipated.


Katie had quite a haul. I suspect Jamie took a strategic approach to the event and took her to a remote corner where she would have free reign. Meanwhile Caroline wanted to stop and open each egg as we went!
Besides the egg hunt, we did a little furniture shopping this weekend at a catalog outlet center. . . and were foolish enough to take the girls. Let me just say it was excruciating. I think Katie opened every drawer in the store while Caroline loudly protested her confinement to her stroller. And, while this was going on, Jamie and I were trying to pick out a finish for some office furniture and determine what which pieces we wanted to buy. Since the store was 30+ minutes away we didn't want to have to come back, so we made some quick decisions and then Jamie took the girls to the car while I waited to have them package everything up, locate missing hardware and take it out to our car.
The girls are looking forward to Easter and Katie and I got in the mood today by making some homemade chocolates, which she then proudly delivered to her friends on our street. The candy making was quite messy, so we didn't get any photos, but Jamie picked up some more melting chocolates for us, so we may make more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment