Come on! Did you really believe I was home alone? No, this was our first weekend without company in a long time. And boy did Mom and Dad miss having the extra entertainment for me!We had a good week and continue to make progress on getting the house in order. Mom was happy because she and Dad finally hung up this shelf thing and they didn't even say any bad words while trying to get it up. I just sat in my seat, ate raisins and watched.
In addition to my swingset and the park, we continue to find fun things to do at our new house. Sometimes I get to take a bath in Mommy and Daddy's big bath tub. When the cars are out of the garage I get to play basketball, which I wanted to play all weekend. It's the Hoosier in me (referring to the state, not my allegiance to IU). On Sunday at 7 a.m. I was up and asking to play!

We enjoyed the nice weather this weekend and I was outside a lot. I did some fingerpainting and would alternate between asking for a towel to wipe my hands after each color and then just wiping it on my clothes or in my hair. Thankfully, they were washable paints!
I am still having a little trouble settling down to naps and sleep. Today I never did have a nap. And then Daddy and I went on an errand in the late afternoon and I fell asleep in the car. He even carried me into the house and I was still asleep, so we both had a little rest. Daddy told Mom that I needed a little noise to sleep and could she put on the hockey game?
We ended our weekend with a yummy dinner and an ice cream cone, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I am doing well at school and every night I ask if I can go back to the "new school" tomorrow. My new funny thing to say is "Oh my gosh," which I say with a pause before each word and usually shout it out at a funny time like when I am looking at a book by myself and see an animal that I like or when my legos fall over. Mom and Dad say I turn into more and more of a little person every day!



No comments:
Post a Comment