Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mommy's Day

Happy Mommy's Day to all the Moms! My first gift to Mommy was that I slept in until after 8 for the first time in a long time. Unfortunatley she woke up at 7 anyway! So once I got up Daddy and I made breakfast for Mom. I helped mix the eggs and I buttered the toast between seizing the opportunity to eat the butter.

After I did these jobs Dad realized it might be easier if Mommy and I went and watched Elmo so he could finish up without all the distractions! I am getting used to Mommy's bump and now I snuggle into it when before I just got annoyed that it was taking up my space.

We got Mommy flowers (pink roses at my request) and I made her a flower pot at school (also with pink flowers) which I was very excited to give her.

My favorite thing to do today has been to clean my table. I use Lily's squirt bottle with water and scrub and scrub. Mom & Dad are trying to figure out how to really put this skill to work! We've had a nice day and made it out for a quick walk between all the rain. The park is still too wet to play, but I ask about it everyday anyway!


I had a good week at school and talk about playing on the "big outside" (the big playground, as opposed to the small one). I make lots of fun things and I love taking my lunch.

If you ask me what my full name is, I might tell you it's "Katie Katherine." We had a sleep breakthrough this week thanks to Dad. Mom was out one evening and Dad put me to bed and let me read my books in my crib and I didn't cry at all and just sat there and read until I fell asleep. We had tried this before at naptime, but it just resulted in me throwing all the books out of the crib and then wanting someone to come pick them up. It's funny because Mom & Dad can hear me "reading" to myself, often repeating things from when we read the books earlier.




No comments: