Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Negotiator

I'll admit it. It is not easy to get me to do things these days. Mom says she feels like she's working with the UAW. Everything from my potty treats ("No, two jelly beans," I say. "Green and purple.") to how many more times down the slide before we leave the park to how many books I get to take into my crib. This must be why they call it the terrible twos, although I am far from terrible!

We had a good weekend and we got the most of the daylight hours since I was up by 6:30 a.m. both days. On Saturday we all got up and got ready, had breakfast and Mom and I headed out to get my hair cut and run to the grocery store. As we were pulling out of the driveway Mom realized it was only 8:14 and the hair place wouldn't even be open yet!

My haircut went well and I got both a sucker (because it was the only way to get me to stay still to have my bangs cut) and a purple balloon, which I have carried around quite a bit the last few days.

Saturday we went to a wedding. I was my usual busy self at church. I had a babysitter for the reception part even though I was invited. Mom and Dad enjoyed themselves and I got to see my old babysitter who worked at my old school.

Sunday we went out to breakfast and after focusing mostly on sausage and eggs realized how yummy pancakes are and how wonderfully sticky syrup is. Our new house is close to our favorite breakfast restaurant so I bet we'll be going back a lot.

I was big on taking my baby for a walk this weekend. She made several trips to the park (and a few trips down the slide) in her stroller. I would pack up her diaper bag and had to have a blanket and then I would say "Bye. See ya!" and head to the front door.

We're looking forward to the long holiday weekend and hope to have some summery weather!

Baby sister update: she is moving a lot, but I don't really have the patience to keep my hand still while I wait for her to move. Mom was to the doctor last week and all was well with the latest blood tests (all clear on gestational diabetes) and everything else. Mom's weight gain has almost caught up to where she was with me at this time (she had been quite a bit lower) so I think the unlimited ice cream may be coming to an end at our house . . .

No comments: