Sunday, October 08, 2006

Important Milestone

In our family it's right up there with getting your first tooth, rolling over, or first steps. Caroline attended her first hockey game on Friday. Friends of Dad's invited us to their suite for the opening of Miami University's new hockey arena. We were both well behaved and Caroline was happy as could be, despite the LOUD music and the chilly air. She quite enjoyed the support beams on the ceiling.

Earlier in the week Dad asked me if I knew what sport was starting and I correctly guessed hockey and was quite excited to see hockey pictures in the paper each morning. Then when we received the invitation, I was very very excited to go see the "hockeys" and I heard Dad say it would be in a suite and they would have food and drinks there. I said "Dad will have a pop?" and Mom said yes. Then I said "I will have water?" And Mom said yes. "Caroline will have milk?" And Mom said yes. "And Mom will have . . . water?" She said yes (unfortunatley!)
On Saturday we paid the price for keeping me up until 11 on Friday. I was cranky from the moment I woke up and then my moods came and went throughout the day. In the morning we went to the Y. Mom and Dad exercised and Caroline and I went to the nursery where I was very good. Then Mom and Dad took me to the play room (pictured here).

Later I had an alleged nap, but emerged wearing an interesting outfit. While at first glance it looks like I am just wearing one pair of shorts over my leggings, you should know that I actually managed to put on four pairs, one on top of the other. And please note that I have on two different pink socks.

After I woke up and Mom helped me make some fashion adjustments to my ensemble, we went off for our planned shoe shopping trip (with hopes that Dad could catch a little nap). I grabbed my purse and packed up the essentials (pink marker, 50 hair rubberbands and a Hello Kitty eraser) and was ready to go. All was well for about 5 minutes at the store and then my evil twin arrived. Let's just say I was not well behaved. And since I am the author of this site I will leave it at that. Anyway, we bought a very cute pair of shoes and came home rather abruptly. I fell asleep two minutes before we pulled into the driveway and was pretty grumpy from then on.

Today was a much better day. I went to the grocery store with Dad and we all went for a walk this morning. This afternoon I goofed around during my nap again (emptied all the dresser drawers, took off my clothes, moved all of my stuffed animals to the closet, etc.). Finally I slept and then we went to a nearby park. The picture below shows me beating Daddy in a race. I won the coveted jelly bean prize.

Caroline will be two months old tomorrow! She has a check-up with the doctor and I am going too to get my flu "medicine." At least that's what Mommy and Daddy keep calling it because they think I am getting the nasal mist, but it might be a shot, so they are being very vague! We'll report in, as always.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!


No comments: