Sunday, March 04, 2007

1.5 Teeth

The barfies have returned at our house. Caroline got sick at school on Friday and then Dad had it on Sunday. Caroline was not her usual happy self and slept a lot on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, Dad discovered that her first tooth had arrived and the second was right under the gum. They are her lower front teeth. She's been enjoying her first biter biscuits and Dad thought it was hilarious that she tried to eat it like corn on the cob (second photo)-- her midwestern roots! And they seem to get messier each time she eats them.

Due to the sickness, Mom and I tried to keep our distance. She and I had a few mother-daughter outings, including a lunch date and a trip to replace a broken flower accessory for my Crocs. I continue to love to create interesting dress-up outfits. Below I am wearing a new spring outfit over my PJs and then I updated the look by wearing the skirt under another dress with the top over it.

You may be able to see Caroline's teeth in the close-up below. If you hold her mouth open she sticks her tongue out, so it is hard to get a photo of her new pearly whites. We also discovered she can stand and hold herself up on the ottoman and she is much more stable sitting up. She and I actually played some little games together sitting side by side. Now that she is getting so busy, Mom and Dad are beginning to ramp up the childproofing plans for our new house.

And speaking of houses, we are very excited to announce that we finally sold our old one and closed on it last week. Hurray!!!

Mom is off to Las Vegas for a work trip this week, so poor Dad will be left to cope on his own. Hopefully everyone stays well.







No comments: