While Caroline was eating her Cheerios, the rest of us were chowing down on Mom's birthday cake. No wonder Caroline wasn't too excited about the O's! Mom celebrated #32 in stages this week. We made her breakfast on her actual birthday, which was a nice start to the day. Then I had a rare potty accident and Caroline spit up on her (not such a nice start . . .) Since she had a board meeting Tuesday night, we had a family dinner on Wednesday with the aforementioned cake. Mom and Dad had planned to go to dinner on Saturday, but our babysitter did not show up. Can you believe it? She was a girl who used to work at my school (and she's lucky she doesn't now, because Mom might have been mean to her on Monday!) So Mom and Dad ended up eating chicken nuggets with me in their dress-up clothes. At least I was happy about it! They plan to try again on another night.
Today was a nice warm day and we made a trip to the outlet mall. I was the big winner of that trip with several new spring outfits. This was the first time I really got to help pick out what I like. I am definitely gravitating toward girly dresses. On the way home Caroline showed us that she can hold her own bottle. She also showed us that she likes to play with it, collect milk in her mouth and then spit it out the side and laugh her head off.
When we got home I tried on all of my new clothes and modeled some cute new shorts. Then in a fit of dancing and jumping I actually bounced so much the shorts fell right off. Another moment we should have captured on video! (But we did get a photo when it was about to happen again).
Caroline is continuing to army man crawl all over the place. We're having to be very careful with where we leave our toys. This is hard because my favorite thing to do is drag as many of my toys as possible out of the playroom and into the family room, where Caroline usually plays.
In my playing I have revealed that I have a new cat. His name is "Tree-bandaids" and he lives with my faux dog "Luftable." I make Mommy laugh because when Caroline does something I often tell her a story of something similar that has happened to me with Sarah (my Cabbage Patch Kid). "Mom, this one time when I was feeding Sarah peaches, she spit them right back out!"

No comments:
Post a Comment