
Despite some very un-spring like weather, we enjoyed our Easter activities, which began with Dad finding a Lion's Club chocolate Easter bunny for me-- a tradition that he used to enjoy with his Poppy from Parsboro. Dad was as excited as I was about it and when we showed the package on our online video conversation with family in PEI they instantly recognized the box, too. I've made a good dent in it and am looking forward to eating "the clock" which is what I call the Lion's symbol.
Caroline and I enjoyed being funny in our bunny ears and on Saturday afternoon we dyed some eggs. Unfortunately we got a faulty egg kit and our eggs were hardly turning colors. Despite directions to the contrary, Mom added some vinegar to the dyes and we were able to salvage the eggs. Of course, I didn't really care one way or another as the project was fun and messy and my hands turned blue.

On Saturday night we went out to dinner and as we were trying to get ready and out the door we had one of those incidents that you can only laugh about. Mom went to change Caroline, who had a very messy diaper, and since she is very squirmy during changes we ended up with a huge mess (we'll spare you the details, but my description was "Ewwww poopy!") Anyway, the situation necessitated a quick trip to the tub. Dad finished cleaning up the diaper situation and then held Caroline on the sink while Mom filled the tub. Mom looked up and exclaimed "She's peeing!" which made Dad move to hold Caroline over the floor (instead of the sink which was just inches away). So then we had pee all over the place, too. Good times, good times. You can all be thankful that we did not photographically document any of this!

Sunday morning the Easter bunny left me a clue and one toy for before church, but we didn't get our baskets until after church. My clue was a peep (which I now refer to as "clues" when I ask for more) and I got another furniture set for my dollhouse. It now has more furniture than our real house. This kept me busy while everyone got ready for church. Caroline and I still got to wear our Easter dresses, despite the snow flakes flying through the air (none stuck). We were a disaster in church: Messy diapers (and this time in a white dress with a potential brown out situation); spilled Cheerios; multiple potty trips . . . This quickly reminded us of why we don't make it to church as often as we should! After church we found a few eggs outside, but the Easter bunny thoughtfully hid most of them inside and then we got our baskets. We both got lunch boxes with our names on them and Caroline got some Baby Einstein DVDs and a book and toy, while I got candy and a big princess stamper kit.

Later in the afternoon we went to our friend's house (Joy and Chris) for dinner and had a terrific time, as usual. I was very well behaved and only got as silly as the grown-ups did. I had a terrific time eating cherries with the ladies as they finished dessert and screaming as Chris chased me around the house. I asked if we could go back for dinner on Monday night!
And on a less cheerful subject, Grampy Bear had an MRI this week and did not get the news we had all hoped for. You can read his update on his blog (
http://barryl.blogspot.com/) and feel free to post a comment even if you don't know him personally or only met him when he was the "Dancing Queen" at Mom and Dad's wedding. They could use the thoughts and prayers!









No comments:
Post a Comment