Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mom's Day

Let me start by wishing everyone a happy Mother's Day!

One of our gifts to Mom was a quiet Saturday night. Dad and I had a Daddy-Daughter date night and went to a hockey game. I had a terrific time and especially loved getting to help pick up "Chuck-a-Pucks" on the ice at the second intermission. The game started late, so by the time this happened, Dad had changed me into my pajamas, so I went out in the ice in my shoes and PJs. Mom says this probably wouldn't have happened if she was there, but that's the beauty of Daddy-Daughter date night! That, and all the junk that I got to eat. It was a very quiet evening at home for Mommy. Caroline went to sleep at 7 p.m. and didn't make another peep.

Mom also got to sleep in on Sunday morning. Daddy packed us all up (including Lily) and took us on some early errands. We came back at 8:15 and brought Mom flowers that I picked out- "Crazy Daisies" that are all fun bright colors. Mom thinks the marketers of the oh so natural-looking Crazy Daisies hit their target audience with me! Caroline and I also made Mommy some cards at school. On mine I had to answer some questions about Mom:

  • Favorite color: purple
  • Favorite food: strawberries
  • Favorite scent: the smell of hot dogs
  • I love my mommy because: she gives great big hugs

If only we could find a perfume with Mom's "favorite scent." We made Mommy breakfast, went for a long walk and then we got dressed up to take Mom to lunch. While I was waiting for everyone else to get ready, Dad found me sitting in some shade under a tree with my book, which everyone found funny. You can see we don't have much shade in the morning!

After some shopping and a nice lunch we came home and had big, long naps-- yet another gift! Then Caroline played a lot with Mom and Dad while I kept sleeping. She was funny because she kept getting her feet stuck in her dress. She is busy trying to pull up on everything, she waved for the first time last week and she is making lots of sounds including "Mamama." And last week she turned nine-months old, which is very hard to believe.

One of the funniest stories of last week came from my teacher. Here's what Miss Amy told Mommy . . . She had taken me and my classmate Diego in from play time to use the potty. I turned to Diego and said "I like your panties!" and he was like "Huh?" and I kept repeating "I like your panties!" and he kept saying "huh?" After several rounds of this Miss Amy intervened and told me that boys don't wear panties. And I asked what they wear. She said underwear. And I told her my Dad doesn't wear underwear. He wears shorts. I then went on to fill her in on what everyone else in my family wears-- including Poppy. By the way, I still think boys tighty whities are panties.

Grampy Bear, Grammy Pammy and Aunt Suzie are coming down from Canada on Thursday and we are very much looking forward to that! I am sure we will have lots of pictures and stories to share next week.

Happy bithday to Jamma on Friday and Uncle Buddy on Sunday!



No comments: