Monday, May 28, 2007

Long Weekend

We enjoyed our long weekend, and for Mom it was a 4-day weekend this year thanks to a new, improved holiday schedule at work! Friday wasn't much of a holiday for her, though, since she spent all day installing a new closet organization system in their bedroom. And of course this "one day" project continued on throughout the weekend. I loved helping though and I think the closet looks really "cute."

On Saturday we had neighbors over for a cookout and despite the chaos with four little ones, we had a good time. All of us little girls ended up in the sprinkler and another neighbor girl came over to join in. I took advantage of the opportunity to be the teacher and had them all sit in a semi-circle around me while I "read" to them. As always, Caitlyn and I played very nicely together, but I did have a hard time playing with her little sister Nora who is just one-year old. When Mom reminded me that I needed to be nice to both of my guests I said "but she's mean to me." You know how mean one-year-olds can be!

Caroline is getting up very quickly these days. We broke out one of my favorite old toys-- the musical table-- and of course I was more than happy to show her how it works. She is really enjoying playing with it and Dad used it to block her in a little safe alley by the couch and ottoman. She just started clapping this week and is eating more and more table food. She had some chicken and hamburger this week, and our dog Lily is thrilled with her progress!

On Sunday we went to a little waterpark nearby and enjoyed the spray. Mom and Dad tried to use it to get me tired enough for a good nap (and it worked!). That night Daddy and I went to another hockey game. His old team is doing very well and I love going to the games. Unfortunately this time I wasn't asleep when we got home and the long nap might have worked to our disadvantage as midnight rolled around and I was still awake.

Monday I got up early and helped make blurberry muffins and fruit salad. Then we went to the Y for "eppercising" and swimming. I will be starting swimming lessons soon and Mom wanted to get me in the regular pool instead of the very warm pool where our Mommy & Me classes were held. That afternoon we went to a baseball game with a group from Dad's company. It was a lot of fun. "The Tank was chilling" (which is what I say when she's wearing Dad's sunglasses) and I had a great time with all the snacks and visiting with Trish who babysits me sometimes. I especially liked getting the peanuts out of the shells (and just licking the shells) and of course I had to have dip 'n dots ice cream. On the way out of the stadium I fell asleep and had a little snooze in the car.

It was a great weekend!















No comments: