Sunday, May 06, 2007

Recovering

We've recovered from last Monday's excitment and are hoping for a more mundane start to the week. My stitches were removed on Friday and I did fine with that. The cut is healing up nicely.

Dad returned home from Canada on Tuesday after a long day of travel that began with a 3:30 a.m. flat tire in the rain as Grampy Bear drove him to the airport, included 6+ hours in the Newark Airport and ended with a delayed flight home. Thankfully he made it home in time to cook us dinner on the newly assembled grill.

Mom attended my parent-teacher conference on Tuesday and heard that I am doing well at preschool. I am working on writing my name and cutting in the lines. I know all of my colors and most of them in Spanish, too. I have a short attention span and wander away during small group projects (normal for my age), but I am doing great with motor skills and am a very nice friend.


This weekend we enjoyed having Daddy back home. We had our own Derby party on Saturday and I picked all of the horses with jockeys wearing pink and purple. Mommy picked the winner, but unfortunatley for her we didn't have any money on it.Caroline has been busy crawling and we find she can move very quickly these days. She is crawling on all fours now, but for long distance she still falls back on her go-to move: the army man crawl. She is enjoying eating real food like pasta, cereal and bananas. Our dog Lily is enjoying this, too, but wishes we would give her some chunks of meat! Now that Caroline has four teeth, she has taken to grinding them together. This makes Mommy cringe, which makes Daddy and me laugh! We have also discovered that Caroline is one tough cookie. When Daddy picked me up to go to the doctor on Friday, we peaked in at Caroline and witnessed her in action. She crawled over another girl, got on top of her and pulled her hair! I yelled "The Tank's wrestling!"

Yesterday we bought some flowers for our yard and had some friends over for dinner. We had planned to eat outside, but we all agreed that it was a bit too breezy and ended up having a cook-in. It's supposed to be pretty nice this week, so we are looking forward to more spring!


No comments: