Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cleveland Rocks

Before I get to our trip to Cleveland, I will tell you about our week. Caroline was a minimalist napper this week at school. Two days she slept for only 10 minutes during the group buggy ride and two other days she didn't sleep at all. She is still totally pleasant, but then gets tired at dinner time. One night she fell asleep right in the middle of dinner, still clutching some food in her hand. Daddy enjoyed it most when she startled herself and in the process, flung the food in her hand!

On Saturday we ventured to Cleveland for the day to visit Great Grandma (G.G., as I call her). We thought she was getting around pretty well following her broken hip in the spring. We had a big outing to take her to the grocery store, which was nice since she doesn't get out much. She had one cart and Mom and I followed her around in a separate cart. Invariably we ended up creating a big cluster wherever we were, but we did the best we could . . . and we may remember to be a little more patient when we do our grocery shopping at home! I was very well behaved during all of this and earned myself a "Tribe" popcorn baseball. I liked wandering around G.G.'s yard and seeing the "hiding tree" that Mom and Aunt Jen used to play in. Unfortunately one of the three branches that made up the secret hiding spot has been cut down, so it's not such a good secret anymore, but I did enjoy dancing on the stump!
We left Cleveland after and early dinner around 6 p.m. and Mom and Dad were sure we would sleep most of the way home. But as we neared our exit, Caroline and I were still up and singing away to each other "blah, blah, blah." The good news was we both were out as soon as we hit the sheets at 10 p.m.

Sunday we went to the water park and had a great time running around. If you can't tell, that's Dad and me under the dumped bucket of water in the photo below! Caroline liked it, too and then we played at the neighboring playground until she was exhasuted.

We're busy getting ready for Caroline's First Birthday! I am so excited about her upcoming party and picking out new toys for "us"-- I mean her.












No comments: