Sunday, August 05, 2007

New Wheels

Hello everyone. We've had a pretty tame week. Mom and Dad celebrated their 9th wedding "versary" on Wednesday. I like to tell Mom that we remember the wedding because Caroline and I were in her tummy then and we just laughed and laughed!

The big news for me this week was that I no longer need to wear pull-ups to bed! And because of this big accomplishment I got to do a big girl thing -- buy nailpolish (pink and purple)-- and Mom painted my toenails. If you are wondering, one foot is pink and the other is purple (except for my bruised toenail which is a little of both).
Caroline is busy moving, but no official first steps yet. She loves to push her hippo toy around and I like to make her work a little harder at it!

The other highlight of my weekend was getting a new two-wheel bike! And it is no coincidence that it matches my toenails. A girl needs to coordinate! I did a good job of riding it, but it has been very hot out so no one is too enthusiastic about bike rides these days!

On Sunday, we had a Daddy Day as Mom was playing in her company golf outing. He took us to the grocery and Caroline and I rode together in the plastic car part of one of the carts. Caroline also got to experience her first cookies. She ate two and a half of them and I did a great job of looking out for her and telling Dad when she was upset because she wanted more cookies. Of course the day also included a lot of silly time with Dad. Like when he holds us upside down to shake the money out of our pockets and we scream with delight!


No comments: