By Wednesday she was feeling much better and went back to school. We think the temp might have been a reaction to last Friday's shots. She is still working on getting the hang of drinking from a cup, and often prefers just to play with it or chew on it. We found some new cups that are angled and those seem to be a bit better for her. She is busy repeating things and even said "Bye" on her own and waved to her teacher on Friday when we left. She also will say "Bum bum bum" to help sing along to Sweet Caroline. Now that she is mobile, she is becoming less easy going about some things-- like being contained in any way!
We had a pretty calm weekend, but did some fun things. Caroline got to play in the indoor mat room at the Y (we didn't have the camera, though!) and enjoyed pushing the giant blocks around. And of course she wanted to head right for the action with the bigger kids. We both got to go in the wagon and all was fine until Lily left something for our neighbor and we realized we didn't have a bag-- we often have some in the stroller, but weren't equally equipped in the wagon! We had to wait for Daddy to run home and by the time he returned Caroline had had enough of being strapped in.
Sunday morning Mom took me to my first real movie. One of the local theaters has a 10 a.m. morning movie for kids, so we went to see the Care Bears. I got dressed like Mom and got my purse together (see someone is using this purse, Ricia!) and off we went. Since I had never been to a movie theater before, I didn't know what to expect and when we started walking down the hallway into the theater, I just froze in place because I didn't like how dark it was. I got over that a little and was okay when we got to our seats. In the movie I didn't like the "mean guy" named Grizzle and hid my face several times. All in all, though, I enjoyed it. Afterwards we had a snack and a smoothy and did a little shopping.
Later on we did some sidewalk painting and I talked to Grandma and Poppy on the phone. Don't I look like a teenager? After dinner we had ice cream cones for dessert. This was Caroline's first ice cream and after some initial concern about the temperature she became quite enamored with the stuff. Mom took it away to fix the cone to help her get to the ice cream and she yelled with anger!

No comments:
Post a Comment