Unfortunately last week wasn't the end of the sickness at our house. Caroline threw up on Tuesday evening, but then acted fine. We actually thought she might be having trouble adjusting to the milk. But then I got the stomach bug Thursday night and we revised that theory. Mom and Dad did a lot of schedule shuffling to take care of us and I actually thought it was fun! We got to stay home from school and eat Jell-O and soup and drink "ginger bread pop" and watch movies and play.
While I was home with Daddy and he was busy taking care of Caroline, I accomplished a few fun things:
* Used up four mini bottles of glue (most of it on one project that now weighs about 3 pounds)
* Cut my hair (and when I later confessed, I told Mom proudly "and Daddy didn't even notice!") Thankfully it's just one chunk and it's not too obvious.
*Drew "tattoos" all over myself with markers (and later did a few on Caroline)
*Fed Lily an entire packet of dog treats (and reported to Mom: "And Daddy didn't make me wash my hands after because he didn't know the rules!")
By Saturday, Caroline was better and I was almost better. Mommy went to Indy for most of the day to attend a baby shower for her high school friend, Anna. We kept Daddy pretty busy at home and got him warmed up for next weekend when Mommy will be away for three days!
Sunday everyone was tired from the many middle of the night wakings and we kept things pretty low key. Daddy took us to the grocery and Caroline and I were our usual hilarious selves in the racecar shopping cart. Caroline devoured her cookie and her outfit gave it away as Mommy noticed the chocolate dribbly marks all over her front!
She is getting the hang of the sippy cups now, and Mommy is really anxious to clear out the bottles cupboard. She is also working on feeding herself with a spoon. It seems like her brain is really busy. She repeats a lot of things and really responds to what we're saying and will follow some directions (like "get your ducky"). She is picking up her own version of "sign language" which includes putting her hand to her ear (like a phone) to say hello. She does it almost every morning when Mom gets her up for school. She also loves waving and does that adorable wave toward herself. She is getting more vocal about her wants- especially when you take away something she likes (like her ice cream cone, or her Jell-O).

No comments:
Post a Comment