We had picture day at school on Friday and Mom got to see us in action. It looked like we may have some cute photos together. We had a last minute barrette crisis, so we're glad we could pull it together!
We have been doing lots of Halloween-y things. On Friday we got spooky cupcakes. Mom found them truly scary as we were both covered with neon frosting!
The highlight of my weekend was going to one of my school friend's birthday/Halloween/going away party. I got to wear my princess costume and Mom and I had fun doing hair and make-up. When I was all ready it looked like I was Cinderella since I had a pumpkin and a dog in my picture! There were about 25 kids at the party-- most of them kids from my class and most of them were boys. I was definitely the only girly costume amongst a lot of muscular superheroes! It was a great party with pizza, cake and a clown. I even got picked to help with a magic trick. I was so proud!
After the pumpkin carving, Mom and I made black cat cookies and we got ready for our special Halloween dinner of "bats and cobwebs" and spooky salad. We even got to light the candles in some of our scary decorations. After skipping my nap today for the birthday party, I was exhausted and actually dozed off for a minute at dinner. But don't worry, I rallied in time to eat some black cat cookies!
Caroline and I say a lot of things that make Mom and Dad laugh. Caroline imitates a lot of sounds and we convince ourselves that she says a lot of things like "Oh boy" "yellow" and "thank you". She does actually say Mom, ball and milk. She has mastered sign language for eat, which is fitting because she loves to do it!
A child's first proclamation of what they want to be when they grow up is something that often gets re-told throughout the years. This week I announced that I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. Mom and Dad both listened with interest to hear my earliest career goal and I said: "A tissue so people can wipe their noses on me." The other quote of the week came during the nightly snack battle. Moments before it's time to go up to bed I tend to get hungry. Very, very hungry. On this night I asked for milk and when Mom told me I could have a sip of water after I brushed my teeth, I cried "But I won't grow!"

No comments:
Post a Comment