I snuck away from my cot at school to write this post-conference report during nap time. Mom & Dad got to see me asleep-- or pretending to be. I have a good spot right up against the wall and the teacher sits between me and Collin and rubs our backs.
The other teacher, Miss Jessica (or "Caca" as we call her), told Mom & Dad all about what I do during the day and what I am working on. I am doing great at large motor activities. The only exception was pedaling the bike, but the teacher said (in my defense) I can not reach the pedals on the bike at school. I am doing great with colors, shapes and numbers and love to sort and do puzzles. I love art-- especially finger painting. She said I think I am getting away with doing something bad!
I get along well with the other kids and share well and am good at working out a solution (i.e. giving the other kid a less desirable toy in exchange for the toy I want!) I help the teachers a lot and it is MY JOB to hold the basket when we pick up toys. She said I am doing very well with communicating, using three-word sentences and asking for help if I need it. She said when I eat my lunch I sit in my chair with one arm on the back of it, turned partly sideways; she thinks this is because I want to be able to see what is going on at the other table as well. Sound like anyone else we know?
I love to dance and sing and read stories. And she said she watched me playing Mommy in the play kitchen the other day. I put on the apron and carried the purse and cooked dinner for two other kids and I patted them on their backs. She also said I was the class clown- in a good way.
I am working more on using scissors and holding a pencil or crayon correctly, as well as drawing different shapes. We are going to start working on letters and recognizing the ones in our names. She said I am intelligent and have a strong sense of myself-- and what is mine!
So that's the report on school. I'll write more over the weekend.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment